Have you ever been in the middle of sending money using Google Pay, Payoneer Western Union, or another UPI payment provider when your Internet connection goes down for no apparent reason?
If so, *99#, a mobile banking service based on USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data), can be extremely useful for you. Without an internet connection, you can request and transfer money, update your UPI PIN, and even check your account balance.
Everyone in Pakistan can use the *99# service to get financial services. It is available in 13 languages, including Urdu and English, and is supplied by 83 major banks and four telecom service providers. Here’s how to set it up and make UPI payments offline.
What Is UPI Mean?
The National Payments Corporation of India developed the Unified Payments Interface, an immediate real-time payment system that facilitates inter-bank peer-to-peer and person-to-merchant transactions.
UPI Pay Limit?
Currently, the UPI transaction limit is PKR 2.5 Lakh. That means the maximum amount you will be able to transfer in a single UPI transaction is PKR 2.5 lakh.
How does UPI Payment work? UPI Payment Kese Krein
To ensure that you are an authorized individual, the app will send an OTP to your registered mobile number. You will be required to generate a PIN for the UPI ID after entering the OTP. After finishing the registration, you can send money to any of your contacts’ mobile numbers.
How to Send Money on UPI?
- On your smartphone or feature phone, dial *99#. However, you must use the same phone number that has been linked to your bank account to make this call; otherwise, the service will not work.
- Then select your preferred language and provide your bank’s name.
- You’ll be presented with a list of bank accounts associated with your phone number; select the one you wish to use by selecting the appropriate option.
- Now type in the last six numbers of your debit card, as well as the expiration date.
- You can make UPI payments without an Internet connection once you’ve properly set it up, as outlined in the following stages.
How to make UPI Offline Payments
- To send money, dial *99# on your phone and enter 1.
- Choose your preferred choice and then enter the recipient’s UPI ID, phone number, or bank account number.
- After that, input the amount as well as your UPI PIN.
- Your payment will be successful once you’ve completed these steps, and you’ll be charged a maximum of Rs. 0.50 per transaction for using the *99# service.
How to make UPI Payments Online?
To make UPI Payments online in Pakistan, you have to follow this process step by step.
- You must first download UPI to your mobile phone.
- Create a virtual ID after that.
- [email protected] name is your virtual ID. A BHIM-based UPI payment mechanism has been enabled by most banks.
- Simply open your mobile banking app and log in. If you are an ICICI Bank customer, for example, you will see a [email protected] icon.
- If you click on it, you’ll be taken to another page.
- You can either send or receive messages by pressing the send or receive icons.
- You can start using your virtual ID, [email protected], to make payments on e-commerce websites once you’ve linked your bank account and created a virtual ID.
Payment choices include net banking, credit cards, and debit cards while shopping online. To make payments, most e-commerce enterprises now provide a unified payments interface (UPI). UPI-based payment systems are available from e-commerce giants like Amazon and Flipkart.
UPI is an instant payment system that is linked to a bank account. It allows you to transfer funds between two different bank accounts. You can use UPI if you have a bank account with a UPI-enabled member bank and a mobile phone. However, you must first download the UPI-enabled app.