Elon Musk, the world’s richest man who announced the purchase of the microblogging site Twitter at the most expensive bid in history, has said that unless Twitter solves the problem of fake accounts, purchases cannot move forward.
Elon Musk announced in April that he would buy the microblogging site for $ 44 billion, offering Twitter more than $ 54 per share, and Twitter’s directors accepted his offer.
After the offer was accepted by Twitter directors, a purchase agreement was reached between Elon Musk and Twitter, but not all ownership rights were transferred to Elon Musk.
Elon Musk had previously expressed concern on the microblogging site and hinted at not buying it immediately, and now he has made it clear once again that matters cannot move forward without resolving the issue of fake accounts.
According to Reuters, Elon Musk clarified on May 17 that the purchase of the platform could not proceed until the Twitter administration released the final data on the fake accounts on the website.
He also claimed in his tweet that there are 20% fake accounts on Twitter while he suspects that the number of fake accounts is even more.
Elon Musk also said in his tweet that Twitter’s chief executive officer (CEO) also refrained from publishing data on the 5% of fake accounts on the platform.
The world’s richest man has said that unless the issue of fake accounts on Twitter is resolved, the issue of buying the platform cannot go ahead.
Earlier on May 13, he also expressed concern over fake accounts on Twitter and hinted that he would not buy the platform immediately.
On the other hand, according to media reports, Elon Musk also said at an event that he could buy Twitter for less than the stated price of $44 billion.
He spoke in support of the US Alliance but said that maintaining some independence was not the answer.